Framlingham College and Brandeston Hall are committed to offering the best possible education to students with a wide range of abilities, and all students are encouraged to excel. Scholarships are intended to reward outstanding students who display excellence in academic, cultural, and sporting disciplines. All Scholarships are awarded solely on merit and are assessed through competitive examinations and interview.
Scholarships are awarded in the expectation that recipients will demonstrate commitment and leadership in their fields of excellence, and there are extensive opportunities to enable students to do so.
The financial value of Scholarships will vary between both individual candidates and different disciplines. However, whatever the financial worth of the award, we value all scholars equally, and indeed view recognition as a scholar as the prime reward. If scholars require further support beyond the scholarship award to enable them to attend the school, they are welcome to apply for supplementary 'means-tested' bursaries, which, for top Scholars, are considered up to an allocation of 100% if financial circumstances justify this level of support. Further details can be found in the Scholarships booklet by clicking below.
DEADLINES AND DATES
Application forms must be received by the following dates:
- Framlingham College 16+ Scholarships (for entry into Year 12)
Application Deadline: Friday 9th November, 2012
Scholarship Assessments: W/C 19th November, 2012
Offers Sent: Friday 30th November, 2012
- Framlingham College 13+ Scholarships (for entry into Year 9)
Application Deadline: Friday 25th January, 2013
Scholarship Assessments: W/C 4th February, 2013
- Brandeston Hall 11+ Scholarships (for entry into Year 7)
Application Deadline: Friday 11th January, 2013
Scholarship Assessments: W/C 21st January, 2013
N.B. In the case of internal 16+ candidates, applications should only be made upon the recommendation of their Academic Tutor or the specific Head of Subject.
Assessment details will be communicated immediately after the published closing date for applications.
PROCEDURES AND REGULATIONS
The following should be noted before completing an application form:
- All Scholarship candidates must be formally registered with the College before sitting for an award (Registration Forms are available from the Admissions Registrar, Miss Emma Rutterford on 01728 727220 or admissions at framcollege dot co dot uk).
- Candidates may apply for a maximum of two Scholarship awards.
- The maximum combined value of Scholarship awards is 50% of tuition fees - any further funding would be subject to financial assessment.
- All 11+ Scholarships and Exhibitions are 'continuation awards', given on the understanding that recipients will continue through at least to GCSE at the end of Year 11 at the College.
- All 13+ and 16+ Scholarships & Exhibitions are awarded on the assumption that the recipients will complete a clearly defined period of education at the College (i.e. up to GCSE in Year 11 for 13+ awards, and up to A Level examinations in Year 13 for 16+ awards). If a pupil is withdrawn before the completion of such a period, the College reserves the right to request repayment of the value of the award for the period from the commencement of the scholarship to the date of withdrawal.
- Acceptance of an award must be received by the date stated in the offer letter.
- It is an explicit condition of any Scholarship that the financial details of the offer of a Scholarship remain confidential between Parents and School. It is our belief that the honour of being a Scholar is the reward for Pupils and that the financial element of the award is a confidential contract between the Parents and the School.
For further details please contact:
Miss Emma Rutterford, Admissions Registrar
T: 01728 727220 E: admissions at framcollege dot co dot uk
Scholarship Application Form