Elite Athlete Development
To complement the sport specific specialist coaching and individual training regimes, pupils with divisional and international sporting aspirations are invited to join the Elite Athlete Development Programme. This programme, through a series of lectures, coaching sessions and meetings, ongoing fitness assessment, performance evaluation and target setting, is designed to provide a framework which will allow our top athletes to develop the necessary skills for sporting success at the highest level.
Key areas of focus are:
- Fitness Testing, Evaluation and Conditioning.
- Sports Psychology.
- Motivation & Target Setting
- Diet and Nutrition for Sporting performance.
- Injury & Rehabilitation.
- Developing a correct sport-life balance to achieve their academic and sporting potential.
- Preparation for Elite level sport.
We already work in partnership with numerous clubs and academies to ensure that our programme complements any external coaching our elite athletes receive.
We have links with:
- Northampton Saints
- Northants and Essex CCC also MCC Young Cricketers
- Various Premier League Hockey Club: Ipswich Ladies, Harleston Magpies
- Various Universities with sporting pedigree: Loughborough, Bath, UWIC