By: Paula Slater |
Another great weekend for the Framlingham College riders, last weekend. At the Jays Stud, near Bury St Edmunds, this reorganised event, finally went ahead after being cancelled twice previously due to bad weather.
The team of Lucy Carter, Tabby Wade and Charlie Woods all competed for the school in the 80cm class and won, with Tabby being placed individually 4th and Charlie 5th.
In the 90cm class the team of Lucy, Tabby, Charlie and Alice Watt competed and finished with 5th place on a team score of 8 faults. A special mention to Lucy, who produced one of the very few clear rounds in the class.
A few members of the College riding team were unable to compete for the school on this occasion as they were previously booked to compete at Poplar Park Horse Trials. Each section at the trials has around 40 riders from all over the UK.
At a glance . . .
- The 90cm competition saw Hettie Meadows with 6th place individually in her section, after finishing on her dressage score.
- Dulcie Wade had a great dressage and jumped clear with only time faults stopping her from a place, and finished in 12th position.
- Jas Slater took the ride on Brock Gent in 90cm with a double clear finishing on her dressage and in 12th place, then rode her young horse in the BE 80cm, and finished in 12th position with a double clear jumping and a 4 penalties for going too fast!
- Alice Watts also competed on the Sunday in the 1m class without a place
- and Sophie Pettitt from the Prep School rode in the 90cm class, again with no place on this occasion.